Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vegan Delight

One day until the PCRM 21 day Vegan challenge is over for me.  I promised myself that if I lost 5 pounds I would continue on with my Midwest Vegan Quest.  Surprises abound.  I have not lost 5 pounds but I have lost a few and I have enjoyed the food immensely.  Ive decided to keep going!  Im going to keep myself on track and continue to enjoy the wonderful blogs Ive found and the great recipes at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine's recipe link http://www.pcrm.org/health/recipes/recipeoftheweek.html

I must admit that I did eat non vegan for one weekend when I visited home for the hometown festival.  However, it wasnt much of a cheat as it was the BEAN FESTIVAL!!  Ha.  Seriously, that 3 bean casserole is delicious but flavored with a small amount of hamburger and bacon.  Im going to try to find a recipe for a vegan version.

Ive been cooking up a storm and am making some relatively great recipes of  my own making so my next step in this Midwest Vegan Quest will be to start posting my recipes on this journey.  I cant say that mine ever look as beautiful as some of the other food bloggers out there but hey, its just the beginning.  Rome was not built in a day, eh?

1 comment:

Shaheen said...

Congratulations on losing the weight. And for ocntinuing wiht the vegan diet. I am vegetarian but admire those who try to go vegan. I think the transition is not easy, so the fact that you lapsed a little during the Bean Festival will be forgiven.