Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Day to PCRM Vegan 21 day Kickstart and Esselstyn's Whole Foods line

Well, there is just one more day until the 21 day Vegan Kickstart I'm participating in from PCRM(Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine).  This brand new blogging all alone begs the question: if a tree falls in the forest is there anyone there to hear it?

Today I am searching for Vegan prepared food sources.  My love of restaurants and good food combined with my lack of time due to family and business means I need to set myself up for success by finding outside sources to supplement my own cooking.  Pragmatically I can not cook full time and I am trying to find ways to head off my restaurant food cravings.  Enter the search for prepared foods. I found this little announcement for the new store brand Whole Foods will be carrying a new line based on the Engine 2 diet  http://vegetarianstar.com/2010/09/03/whole-foods-new-private-label-based-on-the-engine-2-diet/  and decided to post it as I recognize the author's name from my dear online vegan friend Bill's emails. So Dr. Esselstyn's son is doing quite well for himself ;)   Dr. Esselstyn must be very proud of his son and his success with the diet values his father and mother no doubt instilled in him. I believe I've seen an interview of mom and son at some point in my past years so I will definitely be trying the line as this could offer some great support in a Vegan Hurried Life. Is that an oxymoron? I hope not.

The restaurant guide link at PCRM's kickstart site is not working for me but I did find when I searched google and Cincinnati Vegan restaurants that in fact we DO have a few. But, I'm not hopeful as the menus don't sound nearly as good as the restaurants on both coasts. Note to self(since Im the only one listening..ha): Get camera ready to take pictures of yummy stuff I make.  Has to be rewarding to see your creations online and hope they inspire others.  As soon as I figure my way around the blogosphere I will definitely be handing out some attaboy and attagirl posts.
I am COMPLETELY impressed with the foodie blogs that have delicious and beautiful vegan offerings. I am positive I could fall easily in love with Vegan eating if I had time to play in the kitchen. I can see my niche may be forming. The Midwest Guiltless Gourmet Easy Vegan Quest....is that too much to ask?

No comments: