Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Second Day and Food is Good

Time constraints are playing a definite part in what I am eating.  I made enough steel cut oats for several days as they warm in the microwave quite well.  For a quick and easy meal I combined a can of Brooks Chili Beans and a can of corn with peppers.  Added a teaspon of Apple Cider Vinegar which I have found to add to that sweet/sour combo I love.  Topped with raw onion and Kroger store brand hot and sweet jalapenos and that took the dish from a 5 to a 10 for me.  Completed this dish with a side of Polenta that I made for the first time.  I found inspiration from the PCRM website's recipe for Grilled Polenta with Rosemary.  I altered it for simplicity's sake.  First, my corn meal from Honeyville makes yummy Polenta.  Second, used my Rosemary/Garlic blend store bought spice mix.  Delish.  Must admit I fried it in pieces in Virgin Organic Coconut Oil.  I will interested to hear how the PCRM and my friend Bill's peers feel about Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.   My circle of friends use Coconut Oil for the health benefits and I started to use it myself after reading up on it.  Ive gotten mixed messages from different groups so the jury is still out.  Dinner was with friends at Skyline so I got a bean burrito deluxe for the veggies and left off the dairy items.  It was the best I could come up with at that joint.  Snack a very tasty organic apple from the local Organic Produce coop that I just discovered.  I actually really have enjoyed the food I am eating.  No problem sustaining the Vegan challenge.  We will see how I feel in a week. 

No comments: