Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 1 Vegan Challenge

PCRM's 21 day kickstart
I plan to weigh myself today and keep track weekly of any weight loss. 

First day menu:
Today’s Meal Plan and Recipes
Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal : 
Ive altered and had my steel cut oats that I purchase from my favorite online supply source http://www.honeyvillegrain.com/  The steel cut oats are delish and offer a chewy consistency I like.  For a flavor craver I suprisingly like my oats rather plain with a heavy dose of Vanilla Almond Milk(used to use Fat free half and half pre Vegan Challenge)  Im used to sweet so I used Agave Nectar and some Splenda.   It's very good with fresh strawberries and nuts also but I think my growing up a Cream of Wheat girl gave me a taste for the plainer version I like.

While the rest of the days menu sounds pretty good I have not shopped for all of the ingredients and I have some of my own African Groundnut Stew from the freezer to use up before I start loading up on new productions.
Lunch: Couscous Confetti Salad and Carrot and Red Pepper Soup

Snack: Toast with apple butter and banana

Dinner: Hoppin’ John Salad and Kwick Kale

Dessert: Alicia's Crocodile Crunch
Today's celebrity tips are from Alicia Silverstone.  Have to say that she looks good these days.  I can recall a chubby stage for her and I wonder when she went Vegan.  I bet that weight came off when she adopted the lifestyle.

Cravings have not set in yet although in the true fashion of preparing to give up something I find myself thinking of the contraband in the refrigerator I didnt ditch.  Fam will eat it.  I have enough will power to ignore. :)

No comments: